January 1, 2017

Trust. Surrender. Act.

"Purpose", watercolor and ink on paper.
Shannon M. Wilson / 2016

I've been thinking about 2017 and the new chance it offers for risk or safety, growth or comfort, stretching or shrinking.  This quote by John Shedd sums it up.  If I believe I was designed for greatness, I have to trust it.  If I believe I've been called to something higher, I have to surrender to the unknown.  If I want 2017 to look different, I have to act.  Trust. Surrender. Act. Maybe I should organize my New Year's Resolutions under those new categories this year.

Trust --  that my God-given talents are enough to live a life of significance.
Surrender -- to an outcome that may look different than what I envisioned.
Act -- walk through every door that God opens, boldly.

May God inspire all of us in the coming year to let go of images of ourselves that are way too small.

"As it is written: 'What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived' -- the things God has prepared for those who love him."  1 Corinthians 2:9.

No comments: